又有了意外收获

疫情当下
《华尔街日报》散播“政治病毒”
郭杰瑞怎么看?

戳?? 
中国日报新媒体“别叫我老外”栏目专访郭杰瑞

?

几周前,美国已经买不到口罩了

郭杰瑞,原名Jerry Kowal,美国犹太人,同时也是一位在中国网络走红的国外视频博主,他的视频以介绍美国文化、对比中美差异为主,在B站拥有400多万粉丝,视频播放量超过3亿次。他自称“美国四川人”,最爱麻辣火锅,还把云南咖啡卖到美国。

一月底,郭杰瑞从成都回到纽约,和很多人一样,他最先做的事情之一就是想在美国帮中国筹集口罩。然而,令他失望的是,纽约各个超市几乎都宣告售罄。

“我知道纽约肯定没有口罩了,就去了新泽西,想着那边没准会有。去了好多家店,开了好久的车,也没有找到口罩。”

That day I knew New York would not have masks, so we went to New Jersey thinking that New Jersey might have some. We went to a bunch of stores and drove a lot, but there were no masks.

一个月之后,美国现在能买到口罩吗?郭杰瑞的回答是:依然很难买到。

“现在也是非常非常难买。有些店里可能有口罩,但是一两天就卖光了。”

Even now there were no masks for sale. It is very hard to buy one. Some stores might have a few, but they'll quickly sell out within a day or two.

新冠病毒每天都在
提醒人们中国的全球影响力

郭杰瑞在美国找口罩的过程中,发现一个有趣的现象,美国绝大部分口罩上都写着中国制造(Made in China),包括很多即将寄往中国的捐赠物资上。

“美国大部分口罩都是中国产的,有些口罩上有中国制造的标签。但其实受影响的远不止口罩。好多货物、商品都受到了影响。”

Most of the masks in the US are from China, as we saw some of the labels on them. Actually, it's not just masks —— A lot of goods are being affected.

“我今天看到一条新闻,裙子售罄了,就是舞会上穿的裙子,或是婚纱。这个问题就大了,大家没法结婚了,因为没有婚纱可穿了。”

I read a line today that people aren't able to buy dresses, like prom or wedding dresses, as they getting sold out. That's a huge problem. People can't get married because there're no wedding dresses. 

“而且汽车行业也是,好多工厂都卡在一个部件上。少了那一个部件,你没法组装成完整车。”

And then if you look at cars, a lot of car factories are complaining they can't get just one part.  You can't build the car missing one part.

“世界现在已经全球化了,中国一受影响,全世界都会受影响。”

We are now a huge, globalized world. And when China's affected, the whole world is affected.

“不知道美国爆发疫情会是什么样”
“我会很恐慌”

美国当地时间2月29日,华盛顿州宣布进入紧急状态。

2月27日,郭杰瑞在接受中国日报采访时表示:

“我也不知道如果美国爆发疫情会是什么样。我会很恐慌。”

I mean... I don't know what would really happen when an outbreak hits the US. I would be quite afraid. 

“还有件事我觉得很有意思,就是中国现在一点也不混乱。要是在美国发生了什么事件,比如飓风,之前的卡特里娜飓风,或是前一阵子在波多黎各的飓风,这时就会非常混乱,会出很多问题。”“有时新闻上甚至能看到有人在自家门口挂了块牌子,‘你偷,我就开***’,意思就是,敢偷我们家的东西,我就直接开***。”

The other thing that I found really interesting was lack of chaos in China. In the US, when we have a disaster, there's a lot of chaos and a lot of issues. Just look at Hurricane Katrina or the recent hurricane in Puerto Rico.

You'll notice sometimes in news that people will put a sign in front of their homes that says, You Loot, We Shoot, the meaning being that if you steal our stuff, we'll shoot you.

郭杰瑞还担心的一个问题是,用来对抗疫情的人手和资源可能不够。

“美国有很多部门,有市政府、州政府、联邦政府。他们之间需要沟通,但美国的政府不是一条直线的关系。这就是一个问题。”

You know, in the US, there are so many different departments.  We have the city government, the state government, the federal government, and they all have to talk to each other. There's not a streamline organizational hierarchy. So I think that's one problem. 

在2月29日发布的视频里,郭杰瑞暗访了美国医院。他说:“我们差不多所有的医院都是私立医院,我们有一半医生是个体经营。”

据郭杰瑞介绍,美国医院一般是没有发热门诊的,美国的救护车接病人需要1000美元。迈阿密有个人检查是否患新冠病毒,他得知自己只是普通感冒的同时,收到了3500美元的账单。

有外媒报道称,尽管,在早期阶段识别出病毒携带者对控制疫情而言非常重要,但是很多美国人会等到出现症状后采取就医,为的就是避免昂贵的医疗费用。

据美国有线电视新闻网(CNN)报道,目前纽约等部分地区开始陆续采取行动,为接受新冠病毒检测者免除部分费用,但各州情况不同。

虽然美国有媒体犯了错误
但好多美国民众都在为武汉加油

关于《华尔街日报》在文章标题里指责中国是真正的东亚病夫,郭杰瑞表示,自己当时看到后非常震惊。

“我很惊讶,也很愤怒,他们居然起这样的标题。” “因此,我录了个英文视频。我很希望美国和世界其他地方的人看到,这样的种族歧视是错误的。”

I was very surprised, and angry that they had this kind of title. So I filmed a video in English. I really wanted Americans and the rest of the world to see that this sort of racism is wrong.

“我不想以偏概全,但是美国的确有些媒体特别会滥用煽情,这事由来已久了。他们会为了点击量做新闻。为什么要这样呢?因为他们的目的是盈利。他们不在乎内容是不是真的,或者标题有没有道德上的问题。”

I don't want to generalize, but I'll say, there are some media in the US that are sensationalism. There's a long history of this. They'll create news content for views. Why are they doing that? Because their goal is profitability. They don't really care too much if the content is true, or if the title is ethical. 

“我觉得这是个比较大的问题,尤其是对于很有名的新闻媒体而言。”

I think that's a big problem. Particularly, if you're a reputable news source, you have a responsibility.

郭杰瑞表示,这样的媒体是有责任的,他们能力很强大,但他们也有责任用尊重事实、尊重其他人的方式报道真相,尤其是在这样的情况下。

对比之下,美国很多民众的态度则让心暖心。

“我之前在街上录视频,采访行人,大家都不愿意接受采访。但前几天,几乎所有人都非常愿意表示自己的支持,说了‘武汉加油’。”

Normally when I'm shooting video, I'll interview people on the street, it's very hard to get people to interview. But whenever that we asked people to say 'Wuhan Jiayou'  they were so willing to express support. 

“有很多美国人很关心现在的形势,也愿意表达自己的支持。再比如YouTube的视频下面,也经常有人说为中国祈祷,或是很关心中国。”

There are a lot of Americans that really care about this situation, and really want to show their support. For example, I've also had a lot of comments on YouTube, saying I'm praying for China, or I care about China.

“虽然美国有媒体犯了这样的错误,但也有好多美国民众都是好人。”

While media in the US makes mistakes, there are also a lot of Americans that are good people.

在目前全球疫情严峻的形势下,郭杰瑞认为最需要的是加强沟通。

“我们之前在哥伦比亚采访瓦法·艾尔萨德教授的时候,她说沟通是最重要的一件事,是当务之急。真正的专家、很智慧的专家都在倡议大家加强沟通,加强交流。”

We interviewed Professor Wafaa El-Sadr at Columbia. She said one of the most important things is communication. That is the most important thing. So the real experts, the smart experts are saying that, let's have open communication, let's keep a good dialogue. 

“这才是我们最需要的。我们最不需要的就是操纵恐惧之类的行为,这种行为不仅在道德层面上是错误的,而且对局势发展也很不利,还会引发问题。”

And that's what we need more of. The fearmonger, stuff like that, we don't need that. It's not only, let's say, ethically wrong. It's actually like... It's bad for the situation. It actually causes problem. 

“如果我们不了解当下的形势,就只会让情况更糟。”

If we can't understand what's going on, it makes the situation worse.

郭杰瑞告诉中国日报记者,他真心希望有更多美国人能去中国看看,“要了解一个地方,一定得亲自去一下。”

I think you really have to go to a place to really understand it.

别叫我老外

《别叫我老外》是中国日报新媒体一档原创视频访谈节目。邀请深入了解中国的外国网红博主加入,探讨热门话题。

出人意外的观点,不见外的态度,不要错过哦~

编导 王瑜 胡雨濛 付慧敏
记者 高天沛 摄像 高天沛

视频制作/编辑 付慧敏 王瑜 胡雨濛

二维码

下载APP 随时随地回帖

你需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册 微信登陆
加入签名
Ctrl + Enter 快速发布